Free T-shirt pattern
I have prepared this free pattern for readers and visitors of my website.
If you want to share it with your friends, please do not just send the file itself, but send a link to this site where they can download the pattern for free.
Sharing pattern files or their parts on their own is prohibited.
If you want to support my website and quality content, please share it with your friends.
Thank you for respecting my copyright.
The pattern for basic women's T-shirt:
- This loose-fitting T-shirt with long sleeves and a round neck is very comfortable.
- The pattern for basic women’s T-shirt is constructed in a professional program for clothing pattern development and it is available in sizes 32–62 (find size charts below).
- Every pattern has multiple PDF files (A4 all sizes, A4 individual sizes, A0, sewing guide, etc.) so the files are delivered as a single ZIP archive. You can unzip the archive online or download special software to unzip the files (such as WinRAR for Windows or The Unarchiver for Mac). Please use a computer to unzip and print the pattern, there might be issues with printing on mobiles or tablets.
- When printing, be sure to select "Poster" and size "100%" to print the pattern correctly.
I wrote a lot about sewing T-shirts in the summary article below, in which you will also find step-by-step instructions on how to sew a T-shirt and lots of useful information:
You can sew this T-shirt on an overlock or a regular sewing machine.
I recommend using flexible stitches when sewing with a regular sewing machine (narrow zig-zag stitch, three-step straight stitch, etc.) so that the seams don’t tear. I also recommend lowering the presser foot pressure and reducing bobbin thread tension slightly if your sewing machine allows it. Use a walking foot if you have one. Sewing is easier with it. :)
You can learn more about sewing stretch fabrics on a regular sewing machine here:
Use light and medium knits. The ideal choice is a cotton knit with elastane.
There are two versions of this pattern:
(you will receive both versions)
- 1st version: PDF A4 - Individual sizes view (with seam allowances outlined)
This pattern version contains pattern pieces with their seam & hem allowances. The stitching line is drawn in red, and the overall outline in blue. When using this version, cut the pieces exactly according to the template - blue outer lines. Do not add seam & hem allowances.
- 2nd version: PDF A4 - All sizes view (without seam allowances outlined)
This version shows all sizes "in one picture" without their seam & hem allowances - multicolored lines in the pattern file are stitching lines. When using this version, transfer the pattern to the fabric and add seam & hem allowances. Only then cut out the pieces.
You can choose what works best for you. One size view saves time during preparation - you do not have to think where and how much to add for the seams, because everything is already there. The large-format patterns do not need to be glued. You can print them on a home or office plotter or in one of the many copy centers.
When and how do I receive my pattern?
After you order this pattern, I will immediately send it to your e-mail address. Then you just need to print and assemble the pattern of the desired size.
Check out my article on how to assemble a paper pattern from A4 pages.
You can find more info about the size charts (and metric system size charts) here:
The pattern is not intended for commercial use.
Pattern, including instructions and all photographs, is a copyrighted work.
You are free to share this pattern with your friends, just do not send the file itself, but send a link to this website. Thank you for respecting my copyright.